Follow Rembrandt’s Footsteps
Captain Frans Banning Cocq’s hand gesture, the shadow of his thumb and forefinger. The weapon of Amsterdam, the city that will be protected by the civic guard.
Rembrandt’s most famous painting The Night Watch, is one of the many paintings guests can admire when booking the year-long cultural package at the iconic Pulitzer Amsterdam in memory of the Dutch Master, 350 years on from his death.
Art-enthusiasts will experience the following:
- Two night stay at Pulitzer Amsterdam
- Intimate 90-minute Rembrandt Concierge Walking Tour in the Jordaan area
- Two tickets to Rembrandt’s House with access to an almost complete collection of the painter’s works
- Access to the Rijksmuseum with special exhibitions about The Night Watch and Rembrandt’s life
- One complimentary Punch cocktail per person at Pulitzer’s Bar inspired by Belshazzar’s Feast
- Daily breakfast at restaurant Jansz.
The two night excursion begins in Pulitzer Amsterdam where guests will walk in Rembrandt’s footsteps through the Jordaan neighborhood during the 90-minute Rembrandt Concierge Walking Tour and pass by a former home where he has spent his last years as well as visiting the famous Westerchurch where he is buried.
During the stay, guests will have access to the Rijksmuseum to experience ‘Year of the Rembrandt’ (until June) and other special exhibitions about Rembrandts life and The Night Watch as well as to the Rembrandt’s House which will pay homage to the 350th year anniversary of the iconic artist’s death.
For the ultimate artist getaway, guests are encouraged to upgrade their two night’s stay to Pulitzer Amsterdam’s Art Collector’s Suite. The design of the room is inspired by a compulsive art devotee who may have lived in the canal house during the 17th century. The suite’s walls are decorated with the enormous collection of art gathered by the hotel through the years.
The Rembrandt Package offering is starting from €697 based on two people for a two night stay and can be booked from February 15, 2019 – January 19, 2020 by following this link: https://www.pulitzeramsterdam.com/specials/